Deep Dish Peppermint Cookie
Dec 5, 2016
The holidays are such a busy time of year. Taking the time to bake something special can be one of the best gifts of all! This year why share an adorable treat that is just as yummy as it is easy. With this Deep Dish Peppermint Cookie you will be out of the kitchen with plenty of time left to celebrate the special moments with those you love.
- Prep: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: Makes 10 large cookie slices
- 2 packages Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 1 cup buttercream frosting
- Peppermints & sprinkles (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8-inch round cake pan.
- 2. Stir together cookie mix, eggs, butter, and extract until dough forms. Remove 1/2 of dough from bowl and set aside. Color remaining dough red.
- 3. Gently roll together red dough and plain dough to make one large ball. Press dough evenly into greased cake pan and bake 20-22 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- 4. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes then use a knife to loosen the edges and flip onto cooling rack. Once cool, decorate with buttercream, peppermints, and sprinkles.