Halloween Pumpkin Muffins
By Jessica Williams |
Oct 2, 2017
Pumpkin Muffins baked then topped with a simple glaze and orange sprinkles made to look like a cute pumpkin. Great pumpkin spice flavor & festive too!
Prep 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 large muffins
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup orange granulated sugar crystals
- 12 small green candies
- Orange & green food coloring
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line muffin pan with orange paper baking cups.
- Stir together water, vegetable oil, eggs and muffin mix until moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan.
- Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Separate 3-4 tablespoons of glaze into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and green food coloring and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a small bag and cut a bottom corner, so it’s ready to pipe. Set aside.
- Add orange food coloring to the remaining glaze. Dip the top of each muffin into the glaze, then immediately into a bowl of orange sugar crystals. Transfer to a cooling rack to set. Repeat with remaining muffins.
- Whisk 1/4 cup powdered sugar and more orange food coloring into what’s left of the glaze.
- Transfer to a small bag and cut a bottom corner. Pipe 5-6 curved orange lines on top of each muffin. Place a small green candy in the middle where the lines intersect. Pipe curling green vines coming out from the center “stem.”
- Transfer to a cooling rack to set. Store cooled muffins in tightly covered container.
Butter with a Side of Bread
Jessica Williams is a mother to five children – yes, five – with her elementary school sweetheart (they met in second grade!). In a busy household with many very different personalities, cooking to please all can be difficult. This led Jessica to create simple dishes with common ingredients, where she can then add a unique drizzle or dash of spice, cross her fingers and hope her family enjoys it! Join Jessica as she balances family and food, while sharing tips and ideas from experiences along the way.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas