Light and refreshing desserts are perfect for summer. For smiles all around, we recommend combining the tangy zip of Meyer lemons with the cool sweetness of ice cream. There's happiness in every bite!
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and generously grease bottom and sides.
2. Stir together water and eggs until well blended. Add Meyer lemon filling mix and stir with a whisk until smooth.
3. Press crust mix firmly into bottom of pan. Bake 8-10 minutes; crust will be pale.
4. Stir filling mixture again and pour over hot crust. Bake 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. For ease of cutting, chill 1-2 hours.
5. Soften vanilla ice cream 15-20 minutes or until spreadable with a spatula, but not melted. Cut the sheet of lemon bars in half. Using a spatula, carefully smooth the ice cream over one half of the lemon bars, spreading ice cream to edges.
6. Carefully place the other half of the bars (lemon filling facing up) on top of the ice cream and gently settle into place. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 2-3 hours or until ice cream has firmed up. Cut into bars before serving. Store in freezer.
Liz is a mom of two kids in their twenties, one of whom recently joined her blog “Eat Move Make” full-time. Writing as a mother and daughter duo, Liz and Chanelle love spending time in the kitchen creating, testing and tweaking recipes, while trying out new kitchen tools and methods of preparation. They are the perfect example of how food brings families together! When she's not whipping up something in the kitchen with Chanelle, Liz loves to travel and share her new experiences with her readers.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas