If you're looking for extremely easy pancakes that are soft, fluffy, light, and pack extra protein look no further than this recipe. You don't have to go out for buttermilk but can still enjoy the lovely taste of buttermilk pancakes with this mix - just add water. One serving of pancakes packs 13 grams of protein. I drizzled the pancakes with peanut butter that's been infused into maple syrup. It's decadent, rich, and the warm pancakes soak it up beautifully. I garnished the pancakes with bananas and I chocolate chips.
Yield: makes 5 to 6 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: about 10 minutes
1. To a medium bowl, add the pancake mix, water, and bananas, and whisk to combine; don't overmix. Batter will be slightly lumpy and on the thicker side. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
2. Heat a griddle to 375F (medium heat) or heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and generously spray with cooking spray.
3. Add slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
4. Cook pancakes about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning once. Place pancakes on a serving platter or plates; set aside.
5. To a microwave-safe glass measuring cup or bowl, add the maple syrup, peanut butter, and heat for 30 to 60 seconds, or until mixture is warmed through and mixture can be stirred smooth.
6. Top pancake with garnish.
Averie Sunshine blogging in 2009 as a way to share recipes, and what began as a little hobby, has turned into one of the best things she’s ever done. Sharing recipes, connecting with readers, making lots of friends along the way, and cooking up a storm has been so much fun for Averie.
Averie’s recipes are geared toward real life and the average person who wants fast and easy meals, ready in under 30 minutes, and that taste amazing. You’ll feel proud serving her easy dinners and fuss-free desserts to your family and friends. She uses common, everyday ingredients so you won’t be chasing all over town or spending an arm and a leg on specialty groceries.
In June 2013, her first cookbook, Peanut Butter Comfort: Recipes for Breakfasts, Brownies, Cakes, Cookies, Candies, and Frozen Treats Featuring America’s Favorite Spread , was released. In October 2014, her second cookbook, Cooking with Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie, was released.
When Averie is not cooking or taking pictures of the food she creates, you can find her outdoor running, running half marathons, and spending time with her daughter.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas