SEIZE THE KRUSTEAZ CONTEST
Important: Please read these rules before entering this online contest (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS OLDER). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND CONTINENTAL MILLS, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, Meredith Xcelerated Marketing, Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, Meredith Xcelerated Marketing, Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc., Facebook, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM (all times Pacific Time) on November 25, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM on December 31, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and otherwise comply with these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or Sponsor's designee's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- Grand Prize: One grand prizewinner will receive the following prize package:
- GE Profile 6.6 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range with Self-cleaning Convection Oven in stainless steel (approx. retail value ("ARV"): $2,500); and
- the Finalist Prize (described below). (see the comment about ARV for this prize below.)
- Finalist Prizes: 10 finalist prizewinners will each receive 52 Krusteaz coupons for $4 off any Krusteaz product. (The Finalist Prize coupons are not available at retail, so they do not have an ARV. The cash value, however, of each coupon is .001 cents, and each coupon is good for $4 off a Krusteaz product.) Coupon prize terms and limitations follow: Coupons will expire 2 years from issue date. Limit one coupon per item purchased. Coupons may not be assigned, transferred, or copied. Coupon not valid with any other discount or offer. See coupon for further details, terms, and limitations.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,500
- Grand Prize: One grand prizewinner will receive the following prize package:
- Taxes; Etc. Winning a prize depends on the quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 15 days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner based on the Sponsor Judges' (defined below) evaluation of the remaining eligible entries under the Judging Criteria. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. To enter, take the following steps during the Promotion Period:
- First, visit the Krusteaz Facebook page at www.facebook.com/krusteaz ("Krusteaz page"), and then "like" the page if you have not already done so in the past. (You must first be logged in as a registered user of Facebook. If you are not a registered Facebook user, you can register for free at www.facebook.com.)
- Second, following the instructions on the Krusteaz page to enter the Promotion and submit your original recipe, including by taking the following steps:
- Step 1: Choose one Krusteaz product.
- Step 2: Describe your ingredients (up to 3 total). Your recipe must be original and not copy or imitate an existing recipe. (Modifying or altering a third party’s recipe does not qualify as an original recipe.) Also, your recipe must not have been not previously published or submitted to win any award or contest.
- Step 3: Name your recipe with an original title. Max characters of 30.
- Step 4: Complete and submit the entry form with your name, email address and other requested information.
Your "Submission" includes your recipe, recipe name, and entry form.
Content Guidelines and Restrictions:
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes upon any person’s or entity’s rights including, without limitation, rights of publicity, rights of privacy (including, without limitation, the right not to be held in a false light), trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Submissions must not disparage any person, product, service, or entity.
- Submissions must be tasteful, consistent with Sponsor's brand and image, must not be harmful to Sponsor's brand or image, and must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, or defamatory.
- Submissions must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Submissions must not violate or contain material that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- Any statements, remarks, claims, or opinions contained or depicted in your Submission must express your honest views, opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that, in Sponsor’s opinion, does not comply with these Official Rules, or reflects negatively upon Sponsor, the Promotion, or any other person or entity. Similarly, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringement or violation of law associated with the Submission.
All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries must be in English. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries and entrants are subject to verification by Sponsor its sole discretion. Multiple entries by the same person beyond the stated limit, including through one or more e-mail accounts will not be accepted. Similarly, if any entrant is found to have used multiple or different Facebook accounts, or other applicable accounts to submit more than the stated limit of entries, such entrant will be disqualified.
By entering the Promotion, you will be presented with the option to sign up for an email mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
- Promotion Rules. Entries will be judged as follows:
- Phase 1 Judging. Beginning on or about January 2, 2014 and ending on or about January 23, 2014, a panel of qualified Sponsor Judges (together, the "Sponsor Judges") will evaluate entries and select from all eligible entries the top 10 recipes ("Top 10 Recipes") based on the Judging Criteria (defined below).
- Phase 2 Judging. Beginning on or about January 30, 2014 and ending on or about February 13, 2014, a Sponsor-selected panel of third-party food bloggers (together, the "Blogger Judges" will evaluate and judge the Top 10 Recipes, based on the Judging Criteria, to select the top recipe.
Entries will be judged on the following "Judging Criteria":
- Creativity of ingredients (33%)
- Originality of recipe name (33%)
- Expected quality of taste (34%)
The Sponsor Judges will determine the Top 10 Recipes, and the Blogger Judges will determine the potential grand prize winner. In the unlikely event of a tie, the relevant Top 10 Recipes or grand prize winner will be determined by the Sponsor Judges based on highest score in the following category: Expected quality of taste. Sponsor will notify the potential finalist winners by phone and/or e-mail using the information provided in the online registration form on or about January 24, 2014 and the Grand Prize winner on or about February 14, 2014. To claim a prize, potential winners must follow the instructions contained in their notification.
- License to Submissions. By entering the Promotion and submitting your Submission, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Promotion and for any other purpose (including without limitation for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes), and to incorporate your Submission, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission or entry materials to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all rights, permissions, and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
- Original Work of Authorship. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) (excluding any content expressly provided by Sponsor for use in your entry) you have the unrestricted right to grant the rights and permissions granted in these Official Rules (including without limitation in the license section above); (b) your entry and Submission and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or third-party rights, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and (c) your entry and Submission are in full compliance with these Official Rules.
- No Facebook Endorsement. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. You understand that by participating, you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Facebook, Inc. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.facebook.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.facebook.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, INSTALLATION OF ANY PRIZE, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, accessories and features of the grand prize oven products awarded will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in online and offline advertising, including the Sponsor web site
- Use of Entrant's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use and publicly disclose each entrant's Submission in whole or in part, including without limitation each entrant's name, in addition to each entrant's hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for advertising or promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, entrants may be required to execute a consent to the use of their Submission, name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for advertising or promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after March 31, 2014 and before March 31, 2015 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Seize the Krusteaz Contest Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Seize the Krusteaz Contest Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. KRUSTEAZ is a trademark of Continental Mills, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2013 by Continental Mills, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Governing Law; Arbitration. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES INDIVIDUALLY AND PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or related to the Promotion or these Official Rules and the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be determined by arbitration. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, neither you nor Sponsor is required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable or other relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents. The state or federal courts in King County, Washington, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit not subject to arbitration. You and Sponsor will (a) notify each other of any dispute within 30 days of when it arises and (b) attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration. Arbitration will be administered by JAMS (or its successor) pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, and conducted by a single arbitrator in King County, Washington, unless the arbitrator determines differently. Except as expressly provided herein, the arbitrator has the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court. The parties will implement the JAMS Optional Arbitration Appeal Procedure with respect to any final award. The Promotion and these Official Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, U.S.A., without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. Whether the dispute is heard in arbitration or in court, you and Sponsor will not commence against the other a class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. If Sponsor makes any such changes, it will post notice of the changes at www.facebook.com/krusteaz. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Seize the Krusteaz Contest Questions.
- Sponsor: Continental Mills, Inc., 18100 Andover Park West, Tukwila, WA 98188.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of 50 United States and DC who are at least 18 (or age of majority under applicable law, whichever is older). To enter, visit the Krusteaz Facebook page at facebook.com/krusteaz, "like" the page, and follow the directions to submit a recipe entry. The contest period starts 12:01 AM PT on 11/25/13 and ends 11:59 PM PT on 12/31/13. Prizes: One grand prize winner will win one GE Profile 6.6 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range with Self-cleaning Convection Oven (approx. retail value: $2,500). 10 finalist prize winners will each win 52 Krusteaz coupons for $4 off any Krusteaz product. See Offical Rules ("Rules") at facebook.com/krusteaz for prize details and restrictions. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: creativity of ingredients (33%), originality of recipe name (33%), and expected quality of taste (34%). Odds of winning depend on quality of eligible entries. Contest subject to Rules-details and restrictions apply- so visit facebook.com/krusteaz for Rules. Sponsor: Continental Mills, Inc., 18100 Andover Park West, Tukwila, WA 98188.