Apple Cider Pancakes
Nov 8, 2018
Servings: 10-12 four inch pancakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix or Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
- Heat pancake griddle to 375°F. Lightly grease griddle
- For Topping: In a heavy bottomed pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the pan and sauté, while stirring regularly, until apples are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk pancake mix with apple cider, water, and cinnamon. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in diced apples. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour slightly less than ¼ cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes 1 ½-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.
- Spoon warm topping over pancakes.