Cheesy Bacon Veggie Pancake Bake
Feb 6, 2018
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 4 slices bacon, diced small
- ½ green bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ medium onion, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 cups Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon over medium heat in a large skillet or cast-iron pan that can be put in the oven. Cook for a few minutes, or until bacon is about halfway done, then add the peppers and onions and cook until they’re soft, 2-3 minutes.
- While the mixture is cooking, stir together pancake mix, milk, in a large bowl until smooth, then stir in egg.
- Once bacon and vegetables are done cooking, remove from heat and drain some of the fat carefully. Spread the pancake mixture over the top of the bacon and peppers.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until pancake is done in the center.
- Serve warm with butter or maple syrup.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas