Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
Cheesy Cornbread Muffins are delicate, flavorful honey cornbread with a cheddar cheese addition! Fun, bite-sized mini cornbread muffins are perfect for accompanying lunch or dinner any time of the year!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 24 minutes
Yields: 32 mini muffins
- 1 package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup drained, canned corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese Sticks, cut into 5-6 pieces each
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except cheese stick pieces until well blended.
- Scoop batter into pan using a 1 1/2 tablespoon (#40) cookie scoop. Place a piece of cheese stick into the center of each muffin.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Note: For standard muffins instead of mini muffins, scoop 2 1/2 tablespoons (#24 scoop) batter into each muffin cup and bake 17-20 minutes.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas