Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
Dec 6, 2017
Prep Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 2 packages Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter, divided
- 10 drops green food dye
- 10 drops red food dye
- Holiday Nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prep green dough: in a large bowl, mix 1 package cookie mix, 1 egg, 1/3 cup butter, and 10 drops green food dye until dough forms. Set aside.
- Prep red dough: in a large bowl, mix second package cookie mix, egg, 1/3 cup butter, and 10 drops red food dye until dough forms.
- On one of the baking sheets, roll out green dough into a 16 in. x 12 in. rectangle, about 1/8 in. thick. Repeat with red dough on the second baking sheet
- Place red dough onto green dough; peel away parchment.
- Beginning from the horizontal side closest to you, roll dough into a tight log.
- Pour nonpareils onto the third baking sheet and roll the log in the nonpareils to coat
- Wrap log tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. After cooled, slice log into ¼ in. pieces and place 1 in. apart on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas