Cookies and Cream Waffles
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to make and eat, but my carb of choice would have to be WAFFLES. Big, fluffy, light-as-air waffles with a slightly crisp exterior and fully loaded with butter and syrup. These Cookies and Cream Waffles are made with chocolate sandwich cookie pieces and a wonderful, almost creamy vanilla flavor. It’s a decadent treat that’s sure to please the entire family!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 waffles
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- Optional: Whipped cream, chocolate syrup and additional crushed cookies for garnish
- 1. Heat your waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Mist the waffle plates lightly with cooking spray.
- 2. Whisk together the waffle mix, water, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until completely smooth and blended. Fold in the crushed cookies. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- 3. Scoop ¾ cup of the waffle batter into each waffle iron. Cook 3-5 minutes or until waffles are golden brown and slightly crisp.
- 4. Top waffles with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and additional crushed cookies just before serving.
The Domestic Rebel
Hayley likes to bake… a lot. And she’s fearless in the kitchen. As a completely self-taught baker, she loves easy, no-fuss recipes that taste like you’ve been baking all day but give real people plenty of time outside the kitchen! After all, it’s the thoughtfulness and love of the treat that speaks volumes – not how much time or how many fancy ingredients you’ve used! At just 24, she’s wise beyond her years and knows that using everyday, easily accessible items can still create unique, one-of-a-kind desserts.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas