Cranberry Cinnamon Swirl Cobbler Bars
Dec 13, 2017
Celebrate cranberry season by turning everyone’s favorite fall berry into perfect bite-sized cobbler bars.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake Mix (cake mix and topping pouches used separately)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (can substitute frozen, if desired)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350⁰. Lightly grease 8x11 baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, thoroughly mix crumb cake mix, butter, and egg until fully incorporated and dough forms. Divide dough in half and press one half evenly into bottom of greased baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine cranberries, cinnamon topping pouch, sugar, orange juice, cornstarch and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Spread over dough in baking dish.
- Using remaining half of dough, break apart into sections, flatten and lay on top of cranberry filling-cobbler-style. There will be a few areas where the cranberries peek through.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top crust is set and turning golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas