Cranberry Cinnamon Swirl Cobbler Bars
Celebrate cranberry season by turning everyone’s favorite fall berry into perfect bite-sized cobbler bars.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake Mix (cake mix and topping pouches used separately)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (can substitute frozen, if desired)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350⁰. Lightly grease 8x11 baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, thoroughly mix crumb cake mix, butter, and egg until fully incorporated and dough forms. Divide dough in half and press one half evenly into bottom of greased baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine cranberries, cinnamon topping pouch, sugar, orange juice, cornstarch and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Spread over dough in baking dish.
- Using remaining half of dough, break apart into sections, flatten and lay on top of cranberry filling-cobbler-style. There will be a few areas where the cranberries peek through.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top crust is set and turning golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Eat Move Make
Liz is a mom of two kids in their twenties, one of whom recently joined her blog “Eat Move Make” full-time. Writing as a mother and daughter duo, Liz and Chanelle love spending time in the kitchen creating, testing and tweaking recipes, while trying out new kitchen tools and methods of preparation. They are the perfect example of how food brings families together! When she's not whipping up something in the kitchen with Chanelle, Liz loves to travel and share her new experiences with her readers.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas