Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies
These Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies are soft, thick and full of cinnamon topped with a delicious Eggnog frosting. These cookies are the ultimate holiday cookie combing everyone’s favorite snickerdoodle cookie and the traditional Christmas favorite Eggnog drink into one amazingly delicious cookie!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 large cookies
- 2 packages Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoons eggnog
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Stir together cookie mix eggs, butter, eggnog, nutmeg and until dough forms.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and form into balls.
- Roll cookie dough in cinnamon sugar topping (enclosed) and place 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes and remove from cookie sheet onto a wire rack before adding the frosting.
- Make the frosting: In a medium sized bowl, mix powdered sugar, shortening, eggnog, vanilla extract and nutmeg together until smooth.
- Frost top of cookies as desired. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar.
Jenn is the author of the blog Deliciously Sprinkled. She began her blog as a simple way to share all of her delicious dessert recipes with friends and family, which has now developed into her full-time job. On the blog, she includes step-by-step photos to guide even the newest baker to success. Her goal is to share no fuss, no hassle, and easy recipes that taste like you have spent all day in the kitchen. In addition to baking, Jenn loves to take pictures, spend time with her family, and eat anything covered in sprinkles!
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas