Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies
These Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies are soft, thick and full of cinnamon topped with a delicious Eggnog frosting. These cookies are the ultimate holiday cookie combining everyone’s favorite snickerdoodle cookie and the traditional Christmas favorite Eggnog drink into one amazingly delicious cookie!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 large cookies
- 2 packages Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoons eggnog
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Stir together cookie mix eggs, butter, eggnog, nutmeg and until dough forms.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and form into balls.
- Roll cookie dough in cinnamon sugar topping (enclosed) and place 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes and remove from cookie sheet onto a wire rack before adding the frosting.
- Make the frosting: In a medium sized bowl, mix powdered sugar, shortening, eggnog, vanilla extract and nutmeg together until smooth.
- Frost top of cookies as desired. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas