These Energy Cookies get their name because they’re packed with good-for-you ingredients that ramp your body up with energy! They are crunchy, soft, chewy and packed with gooey chocolate and creamy peanut butter.
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 18-20 minutes
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 package Krusteaz Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cookie mix, peanut butter, coconut oil, egg and ground flaxseed together until a soft dough forms. Fold in the chopped almonds and dark chocolate chips.
3. Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons and place 1” apart on the baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven.
4. While still warm, use the bottom of a glass to gently press down on each cookie to flatten them. Serve warm, or cool to room temperature and store airtight.
The Domestic Rebel
Hayley likes to bake… a lot. And she’s fearless in the kitchen. As a completely self-taught baker, she loves easy, no-fuss recipes that taste like you’ve been baking all day but give real people plenty of time outside the kitchen! After all, it’s the thoughtfulness and love of the treat that speaks volumes – not how much time or how many fancy ingredients you’ve used! At just 24, she’s wise beyond her years and knows that using everyday, easily accessible items can still create unique, one-of-a-kind desserts.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas