French Toast Pancakes with Cinnamon Butter and Fresh Berries
You don’t have to decide between pancakes and French toast anymore with this delicious twist on breakfast. Even better, it’s packed with a big boost of protein!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 6 slices of bread
Optional: Berries, maple syrup, whipped topping
- Heat pancake griddle to 375°F (medium heat). Lightly grease griddle.
- In small bowl, make the cinnamon butter by thoroughly mix butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In separate large bowl, stir protein pancake mix and water together with a whisk until smooth. Batter should be runny.
- Dip bread into pancake mix, coating both sides fully. Place bread slice on griddle and cook until golden brown. Flip to cook other side until golden brown.
- Place French toast on serving plate and top with cinnamon butter. Top with fresh berries, maple syrup and whipped topping as desired.
Eat Move Make
Liz is a mom of two kids in their twenties, one of whom recently joined her blog “Eat Move Make” full-time. Writing as a mother and daughter duo, Liz and Chanelle love spending time in the kitchen creating, testing and tweaking recipes, while trying out new kitchen tools and methods of preparation. They are the perfect example of how food brings families together! When she's not whipping up something in the kitchen with Chanelle, Liz loves to travel and share her new experiences with her readers.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas