Frosted Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Ring in the New Year with these super fun and festive Frosted Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies. These triple chocolate chunk cookies are dressed up with vanilla buttercream frosting and rainbow sprinkles. Sure to be a HUGE hit at your New Year’s Eve party!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 Cookies
- 1 package Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, egg, and butter until dough forms.
- 3. Using a cookie scoop/ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls about 2 tablespoons each and place 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Bake 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cool before frosting.
- 5. Make the Frosting: Mix softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract. Increase to high-speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
- 6. Frost top of cookies using a piping bag and a basket weave decorating tip. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
Jenn is the author of the blog Deliciously Sprinkled. She began her blog as a simple way to share all of her delicious dessert recipes with friends and family, which has now developed into her full-time job. On the blog, she includes step-by-step photos to guide even the newest baker to success. Her goal is to share no fuss, no hassle, and easy recipes that taste like you have spent all day in the kitchen. In addition to baking, Jenn loves to take pictures, spend time with her family, and eat anything covered in sprinkles!
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas