Game Day Sugar Cookie Bars
These Game Day Sugar Cookie Bars are a fun game day dessert! Cheer on your favorite team and enjoy these sugar cookie bars topped with buttercream frosting. Decorate them with your favorite team colors or your favorite players’ number, either way these Game Day Sugar Cookie Bars are sure to be a BIG WIN!
Recipe Yields: 12 Bars
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Stir together cookie mix, egg, and butter until dough forms. Press into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 24-26 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Frosting: In a medium sized bowl, mix powdered sugar, shortening, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Divide frosting into three bowls. Use food coloring to color frosting, as desired.
- Cut bars into squares and decorate with colored frosting.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas