Gingerbread Waffles with Coconut Syrup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4-5 waffles
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- Coconut Syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted coconut shavings, for garnish
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Heat and lightly grease waffle iron.
- Whisk together waffle mix, spices, milk, eggs, oil, and molasses until smooth. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 cup batter onto waffle iron. Cook waffles 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process until 4-5 waffles are made.
- Prepare coconut syrup by whisking together coconut milk and cornstarch in a small sauce pan until smooth. Pour in the corn syrup, sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and whisk in extract. Cool completely before serving.
- Serve waffles with coconut syrup, toasted coconut, and fresh raspberries, if desired.
Seaside Baker, written by Jackie Bruchez, is a blog with all kinds of festive recipes. Jackie has always been fascinated by food, and about 5 years ago, Jackie's husband gifted her with a new camera and a domain name for Christmas. This is where The Seaside Baker came to life. Since then, Jackie has created more than 500 hundred drool-worthy recipes. Jackie loves to use her travels abroad and her Italian upbringing as her main sources of inspiration. You can find Jackie either in her own garden or at the Farmer's Market every Saturday followed by a full day in the kitchen on Sunday creating something delicious.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas