Gluten Free Rosemary Asiago Cornbread
Who else loves cornbread?! Whenever I have chili or soup simmering on the stovetop, a pan of cornbread is usually baking away in the oven ready to be served along side of it. It’s even better when the cornbread is incredibly easy to make, and can be shared with everyone around! My sister and dad are both gluten-free, so Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix makes it so everyone in my family can enjoy the whole meal - cornbread included. This recipe jazzes up traditional cornbread with the addition of olive oil, rosemary and asiago cheese. They come together to put a savory twist on this cornbread and make it the perfect easy dinnertime side. Pro-tip: stir chopped rosemary and any other fresh herbs you have on hand into softened butter along with salt and garlic for an irresistible compound butter to spread on your cornbread!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or 8” square baking pan.
- 2. Stir together milk, olive oil, egg, and cornbread mix until moistened. Stir in rosemary and grated cheese. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 3. Bake 22-25 minutes or until light golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool completely and store tightly wrapped.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas