Halloween Pumpkin Cookie Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes plus cool time
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 package of Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons water (for the icing)
- Black food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8” or 9” round pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cookie mix with the butter and egg until a thick cookie dough forms. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake 22-26 minutes, or until browned around the edges and no longer shiny on top. Cool completely before frosting.
- Whisk icing packet and water until icing forms desired consistency. Add 4-6 drops of black food coloring and stir to distribute color.
- Frost the cookie cake and then top with Halloween sprinkles.
Crazy for Crust
Did you know Krusteaz’s first product was pie crust? So it only makes sense that we partner with Dorothy whose love for crust is so great that she named her blog “Crazy for Crust.” Dorothy bakes desserts that are sometimes crazy, but always served with a slice of life. Fun fact: Her idol is Chandler Bing of “Friends” fame, and it shows through her sarcastic and witty humor. And if you can’t get enough of it on our site or her blog, check out her book, “Dessert Mash-Ups: Tasty Two in One Treats.”
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas