Halloween Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Muffins baked then topped with a simple glaze and orange sprinkles made to look like a cute pumpkin. Great pumpkin spice flavor & festive too!
Prep 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 large muffins
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup orange granulated sugar crystals
- 12 small green candies
- Orange & green food coloring
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line muffin pan with orange paper baking cups.
- Stir together water, vegetable oil, eggs and muffin mix until moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan.
- Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Separate 3-4 tablespoons of glaze into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and green food coloring and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a small bag and cut a bottom corner, so it’s ready to pipe. Set aside.
- Add orange food coloring to the remaining glaze. Dip the top of each muffin into the glaze, then immediately into a bowl of orange sugar crystals. Transfer to a cooling rack to set. Repeat with remaining muffins.
- Whisk 1/4 cup powdered sugar and more orange food coloring into what’s left of the glaze.
- Transfer to a small bag and cut a bottom corner. Pipe 5-6 curved orange lines on top of each muffin. Place a small green candy in the middle where the lines intersect. Pipe curling green vines coming out from the center “stem.”
- Transfer to a cooling rack to set. Store cooled muffins in tightly covered container.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas