Key Lime Pie Waffles
Apr 1, 2018
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-5 waffles
- 3 1/2 cup Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix (save 1/2 cup for streusel)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Grated zest of 6 key limes
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Prepare waffle mix as directed for 4-5 waffles adding lime zest and white chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining 1/2 cup waffle mix and powdered sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix together until a coarse, crumbly streusel forms.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch. Whisk together until smooth and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add coconut extract. Cool slightly to thicken; serve with waffles.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas