Meyer Lemon Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting
Mar 8, 2018
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 42-43 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 package Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup water
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 36 candy-coated chocolate eggs
- Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pound cake mix with melted butter and water and stir until completely smooth.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 22-23 minutes and remove from the oven; allow to cool completely.
- Toast shredded coconut at 350°F for 8-10 minutes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until lightly golden brown. Remove from
- Frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat butter at medium-high speed 5 minutes until butter is fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, and continue beating until powdered sugar is incorporated. Add coconut extract and milk.
- Continue to beat on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes. Frosting should be very whipped and airy in texture.
- Fill pastry bag fitted with a large open round tip with prepared frosting. Pipe frosting on edge of cupcake. Press toasted coconut into frosting border by hand. Fill centers with dollop of frosting and place 3 chocolate eggs on top. Store in an airtight container.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas