Meyer Lemon Easter Cookies
These Meyer lemon cookies are sweet and tart with a hint of coconut flavor and are Easter decorated with colorful sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 21 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: ~18 cookies
- 1 package Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 packet yellow decorating sugar, enclosed
- Purple decorating sugar
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, egg and coconut extract. Stir until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary.
- 2. Roll out the dough to 1/4 –inch thickness. Using Easter cookie cutters, cut out eggs, bunnies and flowers. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake cookies 8-9 minutes. Cool completely on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 4. While cooling, make the glaze. Combine powdered sugar and coconut milk until smooth and pourable. Transfer into a piping bag and glaze cooled cookies. Decorate with decorating sugar.
“Blahnik Baker’s” Zainab Storms first tried baking a mere three years ago and is not afraid to admit it wasn’t pretty and far from perfect. A self-taught baker, Zainab takes her readers along with her as she experiments. Originally from Freetown, Sierra Leone, Zainab currently resides in Central New York with her husband (i.e., the self-assigned recipe tester). Zainab is a Ph.D. Neuroscience student by day and a cake-obsessed shoe-a-holic girl by night, hence the stylish blog name.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas