Oatmeal Scotchie Crisp Bars
- 1 egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package Krusteaz Oatmeal Scotchie Cookie Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups chocolate covered raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together egg, ½ cup softened butter and cookie mix until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary.
2. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; crumble into small chunks in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt butter and marshmallows in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. When completely melted, add crisp rice cereal, chocolate covered raisins and crumbled cookies. Stir to evenly disperse ingredients.
4. Immediately pour and press mixture evenly into lightly greased 12 x 18-inch rimmed baking pan. Let cool completely; cut into squares. Store cooled bars in airtight container.
Eat Move Make
Liz is a mom of two kids in their twenties, one of whom recently joined her blog “Eat Move Make” full-time. Writing as a mother and daughter duo, Liz and Chanelle love spending time in the kitchen creating, testing and tweaking recipes, while trying out new kitchen tools and methods of preparation. They are the perfect example of how food brings families together! When she's not whipping up something in the kitchen with Chanelle, Liz loves to travel and share her new experiences with her readers.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas