Peppermint Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Pie
This Peppermint Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Pie is an easy dessert that’s full of holiday flavors. A buttery sugar cookie crust envelopes creamy peppermint ice cream and is topped with crushed candy canes. It’s a simple dessert that is sure to impress everyone this holiday season
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hrs, 40 mins
Yield: 8 slices
Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened slightly
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Hot fudge and whipped cream for topping, if desired
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, egg, and butter. Stir thoroughly until mixture form into dough.
- Spread dough onto prepared pan in an even layer, pressing up the sides of pan to form a crust. Bake 22-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately take the bottom of a glass or spoon and lightly press down on the cookie to form a flatter layer, (it will puff up during baking). Let cool completely.
- Once cookie crust is cooled, scoop softened peppermint ice cream onto crust and spread with a spatula in an even layer. Top with crushed candy canes.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, let soften for 10 minutes at room temperature, so pie is easier to slice. Garnish with hot fudge and whipped cream, if desired.
Pumpkin 'N Spice
Gayle loves to bake and cook…but that wasn’t always the case! In college, she was teased by her friends for her lack of domestic skills, as she really didn’t know her way around the kitchen. But, fast forward years later, Gayle found her true passion in life. Her blog, Pumpkin ‘N Spice, is geared towards family-friendly, easy, and no-fuss recipes that anyone can make. Gayle believes that breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and everything in between can be made with simple ingredients and minimal prep time. After all, who has hours to spend in the kitchen when life can be so hectic?
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas