Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars
Prep: 10 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes, 90 minutes with cooling
Yield: One 8x8-inch pan
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Half of 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water, for mixing with packet of glaze
1. Heat oven to 350°F, line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the packet of pumpkin spice cookie mix (reserve glaze packet), butter and egg.
3. Place 2/3 of the dough into prepared pan, smoothing lightly with a spatula as necessary; reserve remainder. Evenly drizzle half the can of sweetened condensed milk leaving a bare ¼-inch margin around the edges. Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips. Place remaining dough on top of chocolate chip layer (There won’t be complete coverage but that’s okay because it ‘grows’ together during baking.)
4. Bake 35 minutes or until the top is set in the center and not jiggly.
5. While bars are cooling, add the packet of glaze mix and water to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Evenly pour glaze over bars. Allow bars to cool for an additional 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: Bars will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas