Skillet Apple Cinnamon Cornbread Cobbler
Nov 1, 2017
Serves: 6-8 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- One package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread Mix
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Two (21oz) cans apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Ice cream and caramel sauce for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, Greek yogurt, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar together with a spatula until a stiff dough comes together. Set aside.
- Spoon the apple pie filling into a 12” cast iron skillet in an even layer. Drop ¼ cup-size dollops of cornbread mixture over the top of the apple pie filling.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle the top of the cornbread
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the tops of the cornbread are solid to the touch and golden brown.
- Cool five minutes, then serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas