Strawberry Lemon Bars
My favorite thing about Easter Brunch is the dessert table. I love being able to try all the different types of desserts, especially any dessert that is lemon flavored. So today, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite Easter Brunch dessert recipes, Strawberry Lemon Bars.
YIELD: 24 Bars
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 2 boxes Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- 2 packets lemon mixes from Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; coat the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
For Lemon Layer:
- 1. Using a blender, blend fresh strawberries until pureed. In a mixing bowl, whisk lemon mix packets, water, eggs and strawberry mixture until well blended. Let sit.
- 1. Press both crust packets evenly into baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- 2. Pour lemon layer over hot crust. Bake 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes then transfer to refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours.
For Lemon Frosting:
- 1. Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer for 3 minutes. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, lemon extract, and heavy cream, increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
- 2. Spread an even layer over chilled bars. Cut into squares.