Strawberry Lemon Bars
My favorite thing about Easter Brunch is the dessert table. I love being able to try all the different types of desserts, especially any dessert that is lemon flavored. So today, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite Easter Brunch dessert recipes, Strawberry Lemon Bars.
YIELD: 24 Bars
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 2 boxes Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- 2 packets lemon mixes from Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Bar Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; coat the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
For Lemon Layer:
- 1. Using a blender, blend fresh strawberries until pureed. In a mixing bowl, whisk lemon mix packets, water, eggs and strawberry mixture until well blended. Let sit.
- 1. Press both crust packets evenly into baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- 2. Pour lemon layer over hot crust. Bake 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 45 minutes then transfer to refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours.
For Lemon Frosting:
- 1. Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer for 3 minutes. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, lemon extract, and heavy cream, increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
- 2. Spread an even layer over chilled bars. Cut into squares.
Jenn is the author of the blog Deliciously Sprinkled. She began her blog as a simple way to share all of her delicious dessert recipes with friends and family, which has now developed into her full-time job. On the blog, she includes step-by-step photos to guide even the newest baker to success. Her goal is to share no fuss, no hassle, and easy recipes that taste like you have spent all day in the kitchen. In addition to baking, Jenn loves to take pictures, spend time with her family, and eat anything covered in sprinkles!
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas