Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree
Dec 4, 2017
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yields: 5 cookie trees
- 1 package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup softened butter
For the frosting and decorations:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Green food coloring
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together cookie mix, egg, and butter until dough forms.
- Using three different sized cookie dough scoops (3-Tablespoon, 2-Tablespoon, and 1-Tablespoon), scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheet, about 2” apart. You will have a total of 15 cookies, five of each size.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets completely.
- For frosting: In large bowl cream together butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Add 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar, add half of the heavy whipping cream, add remaining confectioners’ sugar, and add remaining heavy whipping cream until frosting is light and fluffy. Mix in green food coloring until your desired shade is achieved.
- Using a piping bag with an open-star tip, place a large cookie on your plate and pipe the frosting around the edges of the cookie and in the middle. Sprinkle the edges with sprinkles. Place a medium size cookie on top and repeat with frosting and sprinkles. Place the smallest cookie on top and pipe a pointed cone-shape of frosting so it looks like the top of a tree. Add sprinkles. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas