A Friendly Warning
This bread is so delicious that if you make it for your family once, they may beg for it every day.
Country White Bread
The smell of our fresh-baked bread will transport you to the past while the taste will make you savor the present. To make a good thing even better, just add butter or jam.
Start with: 1 1/4 cups warm water, 1 packet yeast (enclosed)
Directions: If using a bread machine, add the following ingredients according to your bread machine owner’s guide. Use the basic cycle. Bread cycles less than 2 hours will affect flavor, texture and volume and are not recommended.
Traditional Bread Directions
- // PLACE 1 cup warm water, yeast (enclosed) and bread mix in large bowl. Stir until dough forms. Dough will be sticky.
- // KNEAD dough on a lightly floured surface 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in lightly greased bowl turning dough to coat on all sides.
- // LET RISE, covered, in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour). Punch dough down.
- // PLACE in greased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 45 minutes). Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 25-30 minutes.
1 Hour No Knead Artisan Loaf
- // PLACE 1 cup warm water, 1 packet yeast (enclosed), bread mix, and 1 tsp salt (optional) in a large bowl. Stir until dough forms.
- // PLACE dough on greased baking sheet and gently pat edges to shape.
- // REST DOUGH, uncovered, for 30 minutes in a warm place. Dust top of loaf with flour. Make three ½ inch-deep cuts across top of dough using a serrated knife.
- // BAKE in preheated 425°F oven for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and firm to the touch.
NO KNEAD ARTISAN BREAD DIRECTIONS
- // PLACE warm water, yeast (enclosed) and bread mix in large bowl. Stir until dough forms. Dough will be wet and sticky. LET RISE, covered, in a warm place until double in size (about 2 hours).
- // SPRINKLE 4 Tbsp flour on surface and along sides of dough to reduce sticking. Gently pull dough away from sides of bowl. Lift dough and place on greased baking sheet. Gently pat edges to shape.
- // REST DOUGH, uncovered, for 40 minutes. After resting, dust top of loaf with flour. Using a serrated knife, make three 1/2 inch-deep cuts across the top of dough. (This will allow steam to escape during baking.)
- // BAKE in preheated 450°F oven for 21-23 minutes or until crust is dark brown and firm to the touch.
|1 1/2 - 2 lb Capacity Machine||1 lb Capacity Machine|
|1 cup room temperature water (75°F - 85°F)||3/4 cup room temperature water (75°F - 85°F)|
|Full box bread mix||2 1/3 cups bread mix (3/4 box)|
|1 packet yeast (enclosed)||1 teaspoon yeast (enclosed)|
High Altitude: Add an additional 1 tablespoon water.
Serving Size: 1/3 cup mix (40g) (amount for 1/10 loaf)
Servings Per Container: about 10
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|% Daily Value*|
Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid), sugar, soybean oil, nonfat milk, salt, soy lecithin (emulsifier), enzymes.
YEAST PACKET INGREDIENTS: Active yeast, ascorbic acid, sorbitan monostearate.
CONTAINS: Wheat, milk and soy.
May contain eggs and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Almond Poppyseed Bread
Add 1/4 tsp almond extract, 2 tbsp sugar & 2 tbsp poppy seeds. Bake as directed..
Country Potato Bread
Add 3 tbsp potato flakes & 1 tsp dried tarragon. Bake as directed.
Add 1/3 cup chopped pecans. Bake as directed.
Tomato Herb Bread
Add 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes & 1 tsp crushed rosemary leaves. Bake as directed.
Prep 1 hr Total Time 3 hrs Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Country White Bread Mix (1 pouch bread mix and 1 packet yeast)
1 cup warm water
Flour for kneading and rolling dough
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- //Dough: Place water, bread mix and yeast in a large bowl. Stir until blended. Dough will be sticky. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and turn dough to coat on all sides. Let rise, covered in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour. While dough is rising, prepare filling by combining sugar and cinnamon. Generously butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Punch dough down after dough has doubled in size.
- //Filling: Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Roll to 15x10-inch rectangle. Spread butter over dough; sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture.
- //Assembly: Starting with 15-inch side, roll into cylinder and pinch seam to seal. Cut into twelve 1¼-inch slices. Place cut side down in buttered pan. Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm, draft-free place 45 minutes or until double in size. Bake at 375°F 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and center cinnamon rolls are baked through. While rolls are baking, prepare vanilla glaze by stirring together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm cinnamon rolls.
Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread
Prep 30 min Total Time 1 hr 45 min Servings 12 rolls
1 package Krusteaz Country White Bread Mix
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
2 tablespoons sugar
1 packet yeast (enclosed)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- //Prepare bread dough as directed on package. Let dough rise in a warm place covered until double in size (about 1 hour).
- //Chop into 2-inch (walnut-size) portions. Place dough into lightly greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- //For Filling: In small saucepan over medium low heat, stir together butter or margarine, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon until butter is melted. Pour mixture over dough.
- //Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm, draft-free place 20-30 minutes. Bake at 350°F 25-35 minutes.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.