The Taste of Paradise
Hawaii is our most unique state, so it’s only fitting that this irresistibly sweet bread is the most exotic member of the Krusteaz bread family.
Hawaiian Sweet Bread
One bite of our Hawaiian Sweet Bread will have you dreaming of palm trees and luaus. Kids optional.
Start with: 1 1/4 cups warm water, 1 packet yeast (enclosed)
Directions: If using a bread machine, add the following ingredients according to your bread machine owner’s guide. Use the basic cycle. Bread cycles less than 2 hours will affect flavor, texture and volume and are not recommended.
Traditional Bread Directions
- // PLACE 1 cup warm water, yeast (enclosed) and bread mix in large bowl. Stir until dough forms. Dough will be sticky.
- // KNEAD dough on a lightly floured surface 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in lightly greased bowl turning dough to coat on all sides.
- // LET RISE, covered, in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour). Punch dough down.
- // PLACE in greased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 45 minutes). Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 25-30 minutes.
High Altitude: Add an additional 1 tablespoon water.
No Knead Artisan Bread Directions
- // PLACE warm water, yeast (enclosed) and bread mix in large bowl. Stir until dough forms. Dough will be wet and sticky. LET RISE, covered, in a warm place until double in size (about 2 hours).
- // SPRINKLE 4 Tbsp flour on surface and along sides of dough to reduce sticking. Gently pull dough away from sides of bowl. Lift dough and place on greased baking sheet. Gently pat edges to shape.
- // REST DOUGH, uncovered, for 40 minutes. After resting, dust top of loaf with flour. Using a serrated knife, make three ½ inch-deep cuts across the top of dough. (This will allow steam to escape during baking.)
- // BAKE in preheated 400°F oven for 24-26 minutes or until crust is dark brown and firm to the touch.
1 Hour No Knead Artisan Loaf
- // PLACE 1 cup warm water, 1 packet yeast (enclosed), bread mix, and 1 tsp salt (optional) in a large bowl. Stir until dough forms.
- // PLACE dough on greased baking sheet and gently pat edges to shape.
- // REST DOUGH, uncovered, for 30 minutes in a warm place. Dust top of loaf with flour. Make three ½ inch-deep cuts across top of dough using a serrated knife.
- // BAKE in preheated 425°F oven for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and firm to the touch.
|1 1/2 - 2 lb Capacity Machine||1 lb Capacity Machine|
|1 cup room temperature water (75°F - 85°F)||3/4 cup room temperature water (75°F - 85°F)|
|Full box bread mix||2 1/3 cups bread mix (3/4 box)|
|1 packet yeast (enclosed)||1 teaspoon yeast (enclosed)|
Serving Size: 1/3 cup mix (45g) (amount for 1/10 loaf)
Servings Per Container: about 10
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|% Daily Value*|
Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid), sugar, soybean oil. Less than 2%: salt, datem, wheat protein isolate, natural and artificial flavors (contains milk derivatives), beta carotene (color), enzymes, mono-diglycerides.
YEAST PACKET INGREDIENTS: Active yeast, ascorbic acid, sorbitan monostearate.
CONTAINS: Wheat, milk.
May contain eggs, soy and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Chocolate Pistachio Bread
Add 1/2 cup chopped pistachios & 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Bake as directed.
Citrus Festival Bread
Add 2 tsp lemon zest, 2 tsp lime zest & 2 tsp orange zest. Bake as directed.
Ginger Spice Bread
Add 1 tbsp fresh, grated ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Bake as directed.
Hawaiian French Toast
Add a little vanilla & orange zest to your egg dip. Dust with powdered sugar or sprinkle with coconut.
Peanut Butter Bread
Add 3 tbsp chunky peanut butter. Bake as directed.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.