Gluten Free Cinnamon Crumb Cake
Few things go better with your morning cup of joe than a warm piece of this light cinnamon crumb cake.
Start with: Cake: 1/4 cup Water, 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil, & 4 eggs Muffins: 3 tbsp. water, 3 tbsp vegetable oil, 5 eggs
Just 4 Easy Steps
- // Heat over according to pan size below. Lightly grease pan or line with paper liners (muffin pan).
- // Stir together water eggs, oil, and cake mix until blended. (Batter will be slightly lumpy). Spoon half of batter into 8x8-inch pan or muffin pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon topping (enclosed) over batter.
- // Drop remaining batter in small spoonfuls over topping layer and spread to edge of pan. Sprinkle remaining topping evenly over batter.
- // Bake using chart below or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For glass 8x8 inch pan, add 5 minutes to bake time. Coll 5-10 minutes before cutting. Makes 12-16 servings.
High altitude (over 5,000 feet): For 8x8-inch pan only, prepare as directed, adding 1/4 cup corn starch and 2 additional tablespoons of water. No adjustments needed for muffins.
|8x8 or inch pan||350°F||41-43 minutes|
|Standard Muffin Pan||400°F||14-16 minutes|
Nutrition Facts 36g
Serving Size: 1/16
Servings Per Container: 16
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||As Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||25||70|
|% Daily Value*||% Daily Value***|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs:
|Total Fat||less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:|
Sugar, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Whole Grain Millet Flour, Food Starch-Modified Soybean Oil, Les than 2% of: Arabic Gum, Guar Gum, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Natural Flavor, Salt, Tapioca Starch, Xantham Gum.
Cinnamon Topping Ingredients: Sugar, Palm and Soybean Oil, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Less than 2% of: Natural Flavor, Salt, Silicon Dioxide.
CONTAINS: May contain: Milk, Soy and Eggs
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Apple Spice Waffles
Decrease water to 1 cup & add 1 cup applesauce, 3/4 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp nutmeg to batter for 3 cups mix used.
Cinnamon Peach Coffee Cake
Replace 8x8 pan with a 13x9 pan. Arrange 1 cup fresh/frozen peach slices evenly on batter in pan. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 min.
Spiced Autumn Muffins
Sprinkle batter with brown sugar, cinnamon & rolled oats before baking. Bake as directed.
Walnut Cinnamon Crumb Cake
Add 1 cup chopped walnuts to cake batter. Bake as directed.
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Prep 10 min Total Time 30 min Servings 8
1 package Krusteaz Organic Whole Grain Muffin Mix
1 chopped apple
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- //Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease Bundt pan.
- //In a medium bowl, stir together milk, oil, eggs and muffin mix until moistened. Stir in chopped apple and cinnamon.
- //Bake in lightly greased Bundt pan for 20-22 minutes.
Cinnamon Apple Pecan Crumb Cake
Prep 15 min Total Time 55 min Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake Mix (1 pouch each cake mix and cinnamon topping mix)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- //Preheat oven to 350°F.
- //Place full pouch Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake Mix, 3/4 cup cinnamon topping, egg, sour cream and water in medium bowl. Stir until moistened. Fold in chopped apple. Spoon batter into lightly greased, 9-inch round pan. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon topping over batter. Top with pecans.
- //Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cake cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
Prep 1 hr Total Time 3 hrs Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Country White Bread Mix (1 pouch bread mix and 1 packet yeast)
1 cup warm water
Flour for kneading and rolling dough
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- //Dough: Place water, bread mix and yeast in a large bowl. Stir until blended. Dough will be sticky. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and turn dough to coat on all sides. Let rise, covered in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour. While dough is rising, prepare filling by combining sugar and cinnamon. Generously butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Punch dough down after dough has doubled in size.
- //Filling: Transfer dough to lightly floured surface. Roll to 15x10-inch rectangle. Spread butter over dough; sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture.
- //Assembly: Starting with 15-inch side, roll into cylinder and pinch seam to seal. Cut into twelve 1¼-inch slices. Place cut side down in buttered pan. Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm, draft-free place 45 minutes or until double in size. Bake at 375°F 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and center cinnamon rolls are baked through. While rolls are baking, prepare vanilla glaze by stirring together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm cinnamon rolls.
Glorious Gluten Free Biscuits
Prep 10 min Total Time 25 min Servings 9
2 cups Krusteaz Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon sugar
5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening
1 ¼ cups milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
Melted butter to brush tops of biscuits
- //Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- //In medium bowl place all dry ingredients. Using a fork, cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Add milk and vinegar, stir just until fully combined.
- //For Rolled Biscuits: Place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1-inch thickness and cut into desired shape. Place biscuits with edges touching onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- //For Drop Biscuits: Divide dough into 9 parts, drop onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- //Immediately brush hot biscuits with melted butter. Serve hot.
Gluten Free Breakfast Berry Cobbler
Prep 15 min Total Time 1 hr 15 min Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Mix
1 can blueberries (enclosed), drained and rinsed
5 cups mixed berries, frozen or fresh
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup gluten free oatmeal
1 cup sliced almonds
- //Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch pan.
- //Place drained blueberries and mixed berries into prepared pan. In medium bowl, stir together Krusteaz Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Mix, oatmeal and almonds. Sprinkle oatmeal mixture over fruit; pour melted butter evenly over the top.
- //Bake 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla yogurt, if desired.
Gluten Free Pancake Turnovers
Prep 20 min Total Time 35 min Servings 6
(5-inch) Krusteaz Gluten Free Pancakes, prepared as directed and cooled
1 cup canned fruit pie filling
1/4 cup melted butter
3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- //Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- //Spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling onto each pancake. Fold in half, press edges with fork to seal. Brush top with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place on slightly greased cookie sheet.
- //Bake 10-14 minutes or until heated through.
IN THE MIX
More ways to mix it up in the kitchen.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.