The Bee’s Knees
What’s the buzz? With the rich taste of golden honey, this organic cornbread is perfection, pure and simple.
Start with: 2/3 Cup Milk, 1 Egg, 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil (or melted butter).
Just three easy steps
- // Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease baking pan.
- // Stir together milk, oil (or butter), egg and full box cornbread mix until moistened. Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly, or fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- // Bake as directed or until golden brown. For muffins, cool 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan. Cool completely and store in tightly covered container.
High Altitude (over 5,000 feet): Prepare as directed, adding 1 tablespoon flour and an additional 2 tablespoons milk.
|Pan Size||Bake Time||Yield|
|8x8x2-inch (Metal or Glass)||25-29 mins|
|12 Standard Muffins||15-17 mins|
|10-inch Cast Iron Skillet||22-26 mins|
Serving Size: 1/4 cup mix (36g) (amount for 1/11 of package)
Servings Per Container: about 11
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||As Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||20||90|
|% Daily Value***|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs:
|Total Fat||less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat: 9||Carbohydrate: 4||Protein: 4|
Organic sugar, organic degermed yellow corn meal, organic whole wheat flour, organic whole grain yellow corn flour, organic wheat flour, organic soybean oil. Contains 2% or less of the following: organic honey, baking soda, sea salt, xanthan gum, organic natural flavor (contains milk), natural flavor, sodium acid pyrophosphate (leavening).
CONTAINS: Wheat and milk.
May contain eggs, soy and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Spicy Cornbread Skillet
Prep 10 min Total Time 1 hr 10 min Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Organic Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix
1 can (15 oz) creamed corn
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning or ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- //Heat oven to 350⁰F. Lightly grease 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- //In large bowl, place all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared skillet.
- //Bake 50-60 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Center will be soft.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.