Buttermilk Protein Pancake
With 15 grams of protein and 100% whole grains in every delicious serving, these light & fluffy pancakes pack a major protein punch!
- // Heat griddle to 375°F (medium heat). Lightly grease griddle.
- // Measure mix by lightly spooning it into measuring cup and leveling it off. Whisk flapjack mix and water. Batter will be thick. Do not over-mix. Pour slightly less than ¼ cup batter per flapjack onto griddle.
- // Cook flapjacks 1¾ - 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.
|4-inch Flapjacks||Mix||Cold Water|
|5 - 6||1 cup||2/3 cup|
|10 - 12||2 cups||1 1/3 cups|
|15 - 18||3 cups||2 cups|
|20 - 24||4 cups||2 2/3 cups|
Tip: For thinner pancakes, add more water.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup mix (61g)
Servings Per Container: About 9
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|% Daily Vaue*|
INGREDIENTS: Whole wheat flour, wheat protein isolate, sugar, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), dextrose, salt, soybean oil, whey protein isolate (milk protein), buttermilk, natural flavor.
CONTAINS: CONTAINS: Wheat and milk.
May contain eggs, soy and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Banana Nut Pancakes
Add 1/4 cup sliced bananas & 2 tbsp chopped walnuts to batter for each 1 ¼ cups of mix used.
Carrot Raisin Pancakes
Add 1/4 cup finely shredded carrots, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon & 1/4 cup raisins to batter for each 1 ¼ cups of mix used.
Carrots & Raisins
Chocolate Chip Yogurt Pancakes
Use 1/2 cup water & 1/2 cup of your favorite yogurt in batter for each cup of mix used.
Country Sausage Pancakes
Add 1/4 cup cooked & crumbled sausage to batter for each 1 ¼ cups of mix used.
Date Nut Pancakes
Add 2 tbsp diced dates & 2 tbsp sliced almonds to batter for each cup of mix used.
Fruit 'n Fiber Pancakes
Add 1/4 cup chopped dates to batter for each 1 ¼ cups of mix used.
Apple Pie Protein Pancakes
Prep 10 Minutes Total Time 20 Minutes Servings 4-6 Servings
2 cups Krusteaz Protein Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
a pinch of cloves
½ cup water
½ cup milk
2 large eggs, whisked
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 medium apples, cored and chopped
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of cloves
Maple syrup (for serving)
- //In a small saucepan, combine the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- //Cook over medium heat until apples are soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- //Remove from heat and set aside.
- //Heat your pancake griddle to 375 degrees F.
- //In a medium bowl, combine the mix, apple pie spice, nutmeg and cloves.
- //Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients and add in the apple juice, milk, eggs and oil. Stir together with a whisk until smooth.
- //Pour about ¼ cup batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook each pancake about a minute per side, or until golden brown.
- //Serve pancakes warm with apple pie topping and maple syrup.
Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
Prep 5 minutes Total Time 8-10 minutes Servings 4 pancakes
1 medium banana, smashed
1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
2/3 cup almond milk (or cow’s milk or water)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- //Mash the banana with a fork until smooth and there are no large pieces left.
- //In a medium-sized bowl, combine protein pancake mix, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, bananas and walnuts, and stir with a spatula or whisk to combine.
- //Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- //Scoop 1/3 cup of pancake batter and pour into pan slowly. The batter will be thick so you may need to spread with a spoon.
- //Griddle pancakes for 1 ¾ -2 minutes per side.
- //Serve with warm maple syrup and additional bananas or walnuts.
Protein Waffle Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Prep 5 Minutes Total Time 20 Minutes Servings 8 Sandwiches
For The Waffles
2 cups Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 whole egg
For the Sandwiches
8 whole eggs
8 strips cooked bacon
2 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- //Preheat waffle iron to 375°F. Mix in pancake mix, water, oil and egg with a whisk until slightly lump. Let sit for about 2 minutes.
- //Add about 1/3 cup of batter onto waffle iron, cooking until golden brown; about 2-4 minutes per waffle. Let cool on a cooling rack. Or until stops steaming.
- //Heat a large pan over medium heat with butter on the stove.
- //Crack eggs into a large bowl. Whisk in salt and pepper until creamy and yellow.
- //Pour egg mixture over pan. Once the egg bubbles, use a spatula to pull egg back and tilt the pan to let leftover uncooked egg touches to pan. Let cook for another minute then flip.
- //After about 1 minute take the pan off the heat and let cool. Heat up cooked bacon in the microwave or the pan.
- //Take one waffle, and cut in half. Top with egg, bacon and cheese, and let it melt. Cover with the other half of the waffle, then cut in half, making 2 sandwiches.
- //Repeat until all sandwiches are made. Enjoy!
IN THE MIX
More ways to mix it up in the kitchen.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.