We took our traditional cornbread and kicked it up a notch with whole grains and 9 grams of protein in every delicious serving. Welcome to the future.
Start with: 1 CUP MILK, 2/3 CUP VEGETABLE OIL, 1 EGG
- // HEAT OVEN TO 375°F. Lightly grease pan or cast iron skillet, or line muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- // STIR together milk, oil, egg and cornbread mix until blended. Do not over-mix. SPOON batter into pan or fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- // BAKE as directed below or until golden brown. Serve warm. For muffins, gently loosen and remove from pan. Cool completely and store in tightly covered container.
|8x8 or 9x9-inch pan||26-28 minutes|
|10-inch Cast Iron Skillet||28-32 minutes|
|12 Standard Muffins||13-15 minutes|
|13x9-inch pan (Double Batch)||30-34 minutes|
High Altitude (over 5,000 feet): Prepare as directed, adding an additional 2 tablespoons milk.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Mix (32g)
Servings Per Container: About 15
|Amount Per Serving|
|Per 1/4 Cup Mix||As Prepared|
|% DV||% DV|
|Incl. Added Sugars||4g||8%||4g||8%|
Whole wheat flour, wheat protein isolate, degermed yellow cornmeal, nonfat milk, sugar, dried egg whites, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate), salt, whey protein isolate (milk protein), soybean oil.
CONTAINS: Wheat, milk, eggs.
May contain soy and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Cheese & Onion Cornbread
Prep 15 min Total Time 40 min Servings 16
1 package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onion
- //Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch pan.
- //In large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- //Bake 22-26 minutes. Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Chiles & Cheese Cornbread
Prep 10 min Total Time 35 min Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Southern Cornbread & Muffin Mix
1 1/3 cups milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 can (4 oz.) diced mild green chiles, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- //Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- //In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Spread batter into prepared skillet.
- //Bake 24-28 minutes or until light golden brown.
Chili Cornbread Pot Pie
Prep 15 min Total Time 50 min Servings 12
3 cans (15 oz each) your favorite style chili
1 package Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded Mexican Cheddar blend cheese
- //Preheat oven to 375°F.
- //Filling: Spoon chili into a 12-inch oven-safe skillet or 13x9x2-inch pan. Set aside.
- //Cornbread: Place Krusteaz Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix, water, oil, egg and cheese in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Spoon cornbread batter over chili in large spoonfuls.
- //Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.