Apple Pie Protein Pancakes
2 cups Krusteaz Protein Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
a pinch of cloves
½ cup water
½ cup milk
2 large eggs, whisked
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 medium apples, cored and chopped
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of cloves
Maple syrup (for serving)
- // In a small saucepan, combine the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- // Cook over medium heat until apples are soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- // Remove from heat and set aside.
- // Heat your pancake griddle to 375 degrees F.
- // In a medium bowl, combine the mix, apple pie spice, nutmeg and cloves.
- // Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients and add in the apple juice, milk, eggs and oil. Stir together with a whisk until smooth.
- // Pour about ¼ cup batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook each pancake about a minute per side, or until golden brown.
- // Serve pancakes warm with apple pie topping and maple syrup.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas