Lemon Blueberry Bread
1 package Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Zest and juice of one lemon
- Lemon glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
Juice from one lemon (About 2 tablespoons)
- // Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- // Drain and rinse blueberries (included) in cold water; set aside.
- // In a large bowl, combine Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs until blended. Gently stir in blueberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- // Spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- // Bake for 48-52 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- // To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. If mixture is too thin, add about one tablespoon more of powdered sugar and whisk to combine. If the glaze is too thick, add 1/2 tablespoon more of lemon juice until it reaches your desired consistency. Glaze should be thin enough to spread, but thick enough to cover as a glaze.
- // Drizzle or spread glaze onto cooled bread and let set until slightly hardened, about 10-15 minutes.
Pumpkin 'N Spice
Gayle loves to bake and cook…but that wasn’t always the case! In college, she was teased by her friends for her lack of domestic skills, as she really didn’t know her way around the kitchen. But, fast forward years later, Gayle found her true passion in life. Her blog, Pumpkin ‘N Spice, is geared towards family-friendly, easy, and no-fuss recipes that anyone can make. Gayle believes that breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and everything in between can be made with simple ingredients and minimal prep time. After all, who has hours to spend in the kitchen when life can be so hectic?
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas