Protein Waffle Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Prep 5 Minutes
Total Time 20 Minutes
Servings 8 Sandwiches
For The Waffles
2 cups Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 whole egg
For the Sandwiches
8 whole eggs
8 strips cooked bacon
2 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- // Preheat waffle iron to 375°F. Mix in pancake mix, water, oil and egg with a whisk until slightly lump. Let sit for about 2 minutes.
- // Add about 1/3 cup of batter onto waffle iron, cooking until golden brown; about 2-4 minutes per waffle. Let cool on a cooling rack. Or until stops steaming.
- // Heat a large pan over medium heat with butter on the stove.
- // Crack eggs into a large bowl. Whisk in salt and pepper until creamy and yellow.
- // Pour egg mixture over pan. Once the egg bubbles, use a spatula to pull egg back and tilt the pan to let leftover uncooked egg touches to pan. Let cook for another minute then flip.
- // After about 1 minute take the pan off the heat and let cool. Heat up cooked bacon in the microwave or the pan.
- // Take one waffle, and cut in half. Top with egg, bacon and cheese, and let it melt. Cover with the other half of the waffle, then cut in half, making 2 sandwiches.
- // Repeat until all sandwiches are made. Enjoy!