Snickerdoodle Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
One package Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
1 Krusteaz Cinnamon-and-Sugar packet
6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
about 3 to 4 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles
- // BARS – Heat oven to 350F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- // To a large bowl add all the cookie mix, egg, butter, cinnamon, and mix with a handheld electric mixer until combined; dough is dense and stiff.
- // Turn dough out into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula as necessary.
- // Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon-and-sugar over the top and bake for about 23 to 25 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow bars to cool completely in pan on a wire rack before frosting.
- // FROSTING - To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- // Turn frosting out over the bars and evenly sprinkle with sprinkles before serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temp for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. I am comfortable storing frosted items at room temp but if you’re not, store in the fridge.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas