Sweet Home Alabama
Enjoy this Southern treat no matter where on the map you call home.
Southern Cornbread & Muffin
Southern cornbread is denser and more savory than traditional cornbread. To keep it real Southern style, whip it up in your favorite skillet while listening to bluegrass.
Start with: 1 Cups Milk (or buttermilk), 1/3 Cup Melted Butter, 2 Eggs.
- // Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease baking pan(s), cast iron skillet, or muffin pan.
- // Whisk together milk, butter, and eggs. Add full box cornbread mix and stir until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s) or fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- // Bake as directed or until light golden brown. For muffins, cool 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan. Cool completely and store in tightly covered container.
High Altitude (over 5,000 feet): No adjustment necessary.
|8x8x2 or 9x9x2-inch pan (Metal or Glass)||375°F||24-29 minutes|
|9-inch Cast Iron Skillet||375°F||20-22 minutes|
|12 Standard Muffins||375°F||16-18 minutes|
Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons Mix (26g) (amount for 2 1/2 x 2 piece)
Servings Per Container: about 12
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||As Prepared*|
|Calories from Fat||5||60|
|% Daily Value***|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs:
|Total Fat||less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat: 9||Carbohydrate: 4||Protein: 4|
Enriched unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid), degermed yellow cornmeal, sugar, salt. Contains 2% or less of the following: sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, buttermilk, soybean oil, natural flavor.
CONTAINS: Wheat and milk .
May contain eggs, soy and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Chiles & Cheese Cornbread
Prep 10 min Total Time 35 min Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Southern Cornbread & Muffin Mix
1 1/3 cups milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 can (4 oz.) diced mild green chiles, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- //Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- //In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Spread batter into prepared skillet.
- //Bake 24-28 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cornbread Spinach Bites
Prep 15 min Total Time 35 min Servings 36
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
4 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup crumbled, baked Krusteaz Southern Cornbread & Muffin Mix
1/2 cup finely shredded cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1-2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- //Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- //For Bites: Sauté onion in butter until translucent. In a large bowl, combine onion with remaining ingredients; stir until blended. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- //Bake on lightly greased baking sheet for 15-18 minutes.
- //For Sauce: In small bowl, blend sauce ingredients. Serve with Cornbread Spinach Bites.
Tennessee Cornbread Salad
Prep 40 min Total Time 3 hrs Servings 12
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
3 cups crumbled, baked Krusteaz Southern Cornbread & Muffin Mix
12 slices crisp, cooked bacon (crumbled)
3 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- //For Dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise and pickle juice; set aside.
- //For Salad: In large clear bowl, place half of crumbled cornbread. In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; spoon half of mixture over cornbread. Spread half of the dressing over vegetables. Repeat layers. Chill 2 - 3 hours before serving.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.