Country Oatmeal in a New York Minute
Less time making oatmeal means more time to enjoy it.
Stove Top Directions
- // Bring water to boil. Add salt (optional).
- // Stir in Krusteaz Zoom Hot Cereal Mix. Reduce heat and continue to boil for one minute, stirring frequently.
- // Cover and remove from heat. Let stand one minute before serving.
Microwave Directions (One Serving)
- // Combine 1/3 cup Zoom, 2/3 cup water and a dash of salt (optional) in microwave safe bowl.
- // Microwave on full power two minutes
- // Stir to prevent lumping.
- // Cook an additional minute or until cereal appears creamy.
- // Let stand one minute before serving.
- // Serve Zoom hot, with brown sugar, sliced fruit and milk or cream.
|Krusteaz Zoom Hot Cereal Mix||1/3 cup||2/3 cup||1 1/3 cups|
|Water||2/3 cup||1 1/3 cups||2 2/3 cups|
|Salt||dash||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
Nutrition Facts 18 Oz
Serving Size: 1/3 cup uncooked mix (35g) (amount for )
Servings Per Container: about 14
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|% Daily Value*|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs:
|Total Fat||less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat: 9||Carbohydrate: 4||Protein: 4|
Made on equipment that makes products containing wheat, soy and milk
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET COOKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Apples & Cinnamon Zoom
Add 1/4 cup peeled, diced apples, 1 tbsp sugar & 1/2 tsp cinnamon to water before cooking.
Chocolate Cream Zoom
Add 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder & sugar to taste. Serve with milk or vanilla non-dairy cream.
Hawaiian Zoom Delight
Add 2 tbsp drained crushed pineapple & 1 tbsp flaked coconut.
Peaches 'n Cream Cereal
Swirl in 1/2 cup peach yogurt.
Zoom & Fruit
Stir in 2 tbsp of your favorite fruit such as strawberries, bananas or apples.
Prep 20 min Total Time 1 hr Servings 8
1 cup Krusteaz Zoom Hot Cereal Mix, uncooked
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 1/2 cups peeled and sliced apples (4 medium)
- //Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch pan.
- //In medium bowl, blend together Krusteaz Zoom Hot Cereal Mix, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles size of small peas. Press half of mixture into prepared pan. Layer with sliced apples. Sprinkle remaining mixture over apples.
- //Bake 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.