Creamed Corn Cornbread Casserole
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic minced
20 ounces corn kernels frozen
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup heavy cream or half & half
Fire Roasted Cornbread
1 package Krusteaz Fire Roasted Cornbread Mix
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup butter melted
1/2 cup mayonnaise
- // Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- // To make the creamed corn, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium high heat.
- // Add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- // Add the frozen corn, sugar, salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cream is simmering.
- // Once simmering, reduce heat to low.
- // Remove half of the corn/cream mixture and blend until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- // Return the puree to the pan; stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- // If not baking in the skillet, transfer creamed corn to a 9x13 inch pan.
- // To make the cornbread, stir together water, melted butter, mayonnaise, and full box of Krusteaz Fire Roasted Cornbread mix until blended.
- // Spoon mixture over creamed corn.
- // Bake casserole for 20-22 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- // Sprinkle with Elote topping (included with mix) after baking, if desired.
Seaside Baker, written by Jackie Bruchez, is a blog with all kinds of festive recipes. Jackie has always been fascinated by food, and about 5 years ago, Jackie's husband gifted her with a new camera and a domain name for Christmas. This is where The Seaside Baker came to life. Since then, Jackie has created more than 500 hundred drool-worthy recipes. Jackie loves to use her travels abroad and her Italian upbringing as her main sources of inspiration. You can find Jackie either in her own garden or at the Farmer's Market every Saturday followed by a full day in the kitchen on Sunday creating something delicious.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas