Creamed Corn Cornbread Casserole
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic minced
20 ounces corn kernels frozen
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup heavy cream or half & half
Fire Roasted Cornbread
1 package Krusteaz Fire Roasted Cornbread Mix
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup butter melted
1/2 cup mayonnaise
- // Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- // To make the creamed corn, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium high heat.
- // Add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- // Add the frozen corn, sugar, salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cream is simmering.
- // Once simmering, reduce heat to low.
- // Remove half of the corn/cream mixture and blend until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- // Return the puree to the pan; stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- // If not baking in the skillet, transfer creamed corn to a 9x13 inch pan.
- // To make the cornbread, stir together water, melted butter, mayonnaise, and full box of Krusteaz Fire Roasted Cornbread mix until blended.
- // Spoon mixture over creamed corn.
- // Bake casserole for 20-22 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- // Sprinkle with Elote topping (included with mix) after baking, if desired.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas