Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
1 medium banana, smashed
1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
2/3 cup almond milk (or cow’s milk or water)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- // Mash the banana with a fork until smooth and there are no large pieces left.
- // In a medium-sized bowl, combine protein pancake mix, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, bananas and walnuts, and stir with a spatula or whisk to combine.
- // Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- // Scoop 1/3 cup of pancake batter and pour into pan slowly. The batter will be thick so you may need to spread with a spoon.
- // Griddle pancakes for 1 ¾ -2 minutes per side.
- // Serve with warm maple syrup and additional bananas or walnuts.
Julianne is the owner and founder of Beyond Frosting, a dessert blog focusing on easy to create desserts for the novice chef and fun enough for even an experienced baker. First and foremost, Beyond Frosting is about sharing a passion for creating desserts and spreading happiness through the power of food. Julianne is the author of the No-Bake Treats cookbook: 80 mouthwatering recipes that don’t require you to turn on the oven. Julianne grew up on the east coast and now calls the Pacific Northwest home. She lives with her fiance and when she's not in the kitchen, you can find her in the mountains.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas