Hot Honey Chicken Pancakes
For the chicken:
- 4 small chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 egg, whisked
1. Heat air fryer to 390°F.
2. Combine flour, Old Bay seasoning, and seasoning salt in a shallow bowl. Place whisked egg into separate shallow bowl.
3. Pound chicken breasts between plastic wrap until you have reached the thickness you prefer.
4. Dredge each chicken breast in dry mixture and then into the whisked egg. Dredge in dry mixture a second time. Shake off excess flour.
5. Place chicken breasts into air fryer and cook for 8 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and cook another 9 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken is 165°F.
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup Krusteaz® Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup cold water
6. While chicken is cooking, preheat skillet or pancake griddle to 375°F (medium heat). Lightly grease skillet/griddle.
7. Combine pancake mix and water until blended. Do not overmix. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
8. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto skillet/griddle. Cook for 1 – ½ minutes per side. For light and fluffy pancakes, FLIP only once, when tops bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
Hot Honey / Maple Syrup drizzle
- ½ cup honey
- 2-3 hot chilis, finely chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
9. Heat small saucepan over medium-low heat. Place honey and chopped chilis into pan. Whisk until warm.
10. Slowly whisk in maple syrup. Serve over warm pancakes and chicken.