Kitchen Soul Mates
Some things just belong together: wine & cheese, rainbows & unicorns and cranberries & oranges.
Cranberry Orange Muffin
With these muffins you get the sunny, citrusy flavor of oranges and zesty cranberries.
Start with: 1/2 Cup Water, 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil, 2 Eggs
Just three easy steps
- // Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease pan or line muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- // STIR together water, oil, eggs and mun mix until blended. Gently stir undrained cranberries into batter. FILL mun cups 2/3 full. For loaf, spread batter into lightly greased loaf pan.
- // Bake as directed below or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan. Store cooled muffins in tightly covered container.
High Altitude (over 5,000 feet): Prepare as directed, adding 1 tbsp all-purpose flour and an additional 2 tbsps water.
|26-30 Mini Muffins||400°F||12-14 minutes|
|12 Standard Muffins||400°F||18-20 minutes|
|8x4–inch Loaf Pan||350°F||45-50 minutes|
Serving Size: 1/4 cup muffin mix (35g) & 2 tsp cranberries (9g)
Servings Per Container: about 12
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||As Prepared*|
|Calories from Fat||20||80|
|% Daily Value|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs:
|Total Fat||less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||less than||20g||25g|
|Calories per gram:||Fat: 9||Carbohydrate: 4||Protein: 4|
MUFFIN MIX INGREDIENTS: Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, malted barley flour), sugar, palm and soybean oil, dextrose, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate), dried orange peel, natural and artificial flavors (contains milk derivatives), sodium stearoyl lactylate, citric acid, xanthan gum. Freshness preserved with BHA.
CRANBERRIES AND ORANGE PEEL INGREDIENTS: Sliced cranberries, water, sugar, orange peel.
CONTAINS: Wheat and milk.
May contain eggs, soy and tree nuts.
Refer to the package for the most current ingredient information.
LET'S GET BAKIN'
Because making it is half the fun, right?
Stir things up with our favorite mix-ins & recipes.
Citrus Sunshine Orange Muffins
Spoon batter into prepped muffin pan. Top each with 1 heaping tsp orange marmalade. Press lightly into batter.
Cranberry Pineapple Spice Loaf
Add 1/2 cup drained, crushed pineapple & 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Spoon batter into loaf pan. Bake at 350ºF 45-50 minutes.
Orange Raisin Muffins
Add 1/2 cup raisins. Bake as directed.
Spiced Autumn Muffins
Sprinkle batter with brown sugar, cinnamon & rolled oats before baking. Bake as directed.
Almond Plum Cake
Prep 20 min Total Time 1 hr 20 min Servings 12
1 package Krusteaz Cranberry Orange Muffin Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 can cranberries (enclosed)
3 fresh plums, thinly sliced
- //Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch spring form pan.
- //2Stir together water, oil, eggs, almond extract and muffin mix until blended. Gently stir in undrained cranberries into batter.
- //Spoon batter into pan. Arrange plum slices evenly over batter.
- //Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Makes 12 servings.
So many boxes, so little time
Get adventurous with some of our other delicious mixes.