Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
1 package Krusteaz Fire Roasted Cornbread mix
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for topping)
1 packet chili lime and cheese topping (included in box)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup honey
Pinch of salt
- // Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- // In a large bowl, stir Krusteaz Fire Roasted Cornbread Mix, water, melted butter, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese until combined.
- // Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese onto tops of batter, followed by the chili lime and cheese topping.
- // Bake for 16-19 minutes, or until muffins are lightly browned.
- // While muffins are baking, prepare whipped honey butter. In a medium bowl, beat softened butter with an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- // Add vanilla extract, honey, and salt and beat until fully combined. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- // Serve muffins with whipped honey butter.
- // Enjoy!
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas