Witch Finger Cookies
1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix only the cookie mix pouch
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsalted butter softened
1 large egg
10 drops green food coloring
- // In a large bowl whisk together cookie mix pouch and flour.
- // Add butter, egg, and green food coloring, and stir until combined and dough has come together into a ball.
- // Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball into into 5-6 inch "fingers" -about 1 inch thick.
- // Firmly press one sliced almond into the end of each finger to make nails.
- // Slightly pinch dough together about 1 inch below the almond nail to make the knuckles.
- // Make a horizontal cut in the center of each knuckle.
- // Place fingers on a cookie sheet 2 inches a part.
- // Place cookie sheet in freezer for 15 minutes before baking.
- // Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- // Cool for 5 minutes on the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Seaside Baker, written by Jackie Bruchez, is a blog with all kinds of festive recipes. Jackie has always been fascinated by food, and about 5 years ago, Jackie's husband gifted her with a new camera and a domain name for Christmas. This is where The Seaside Baker came to life. Since then, Jackie has created more than 500 hundred drool-worthy recipes. Jackie loves to use her travels abroad and her Italian upbringing as her main sources of inspiration. You can find Jackie either in her own garden or at the Farmer's Market every Saturday followed by a full day in the kitchen on Sunday creating something delicious.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas