Apple Fritter Pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 (5-6”) pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups Krusteaz Protein Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk (or water)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, grated (use your favorite brand; leave the skin on when grating)
- Optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup
1. Preheat pancake griddle to 350°F. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or spread with melted butter.
- 2. Whisk pancake mix, milk, eggs, powdered sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in grated apples.
3. Drop batter in desired size onto prepared griddle and cook until both sides are browned.
4. Serve warm; dust with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.
Crazy for Crust
Did you know Krusteaz’s first product was pie crust? So it only makes sense that we partner with Dorothy whose love for crust is so great that she named her blog “Crazy for Crust.” Dorothy bakes desserts that are sometimes crazy, but always served with a slice of life. Fun fact: Her idol is Chandler Bing of “Friends” fame, and it shows through her sarcastic and witty humor. And if you can’t get enough of it on our site or her blog, check out her book, “Dessert Mash-Ups: Tasty Two in One Treats.”
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas