Blackberry Streusel Pancake Bake
Make a delicious breakfast that the whole family will enjoy! This Blackberry Streusel Pancake Bake is easy to make and bursting with flavor. This comfort dish makes the ultimate breakfast!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 3 cups Krusteaz Protein Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cubed
·1. Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Lightly spray a 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- ·2. In a large bowl, combine the protein pancake mix and water. Stir until big lumps are gone, but be careful not to overmix. Let stand for 2 minutes. Add baking powder and vanilla, stirring to combine. Gently fold in blackberries. Pour mixture into prepared dish. Set aside.
- ·3. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- ·4. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut butter into to mixture, making it the texture of course sand. Sprinkle streusel over top of batter.
- ·5. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean, and topping is golden.
- ·6. Cut into squares and serve with syrup, if desired.
Pumpkin 'N Spice
Gayle loves to bake and cook…but that wasn’t always the case! In college, she was teased by her friends for her lack of domestic skills, as she really didn’t know her way around the kitchen. But, fast forward years later, Gayle found her true passion in life. Her blog, Pumpkin ‘N Spice, is geared towards family-friendly, easy, and no-fuss recipes that anyone can make. Gayle believes that breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and everything in between can be made with simple ingredients and minimal prep time. After all, who has hours to spend in the kitchen when life can be so hectic?
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas