Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
These Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins make a delicious breakfast or easy dessert. Filled with tangy blueberries, a sweet cheesecake filling and topped with a buttery streusel, these muffins will quickly become everyone's favorite treat!
Yields 12 muffins
15 min Prep Time
20 min Cook Time
35 min Total Time
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. Set aside
- To prepare the crumb topping, add brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, and flour to a medium bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- To prepare cheesecake filling, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir muffin mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs until just moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into each muffin tin, just enough so that it covers the bottom of the liner. Then, take a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese filling and spread on top of muffin batter. Spoon the remaining muffin batter into each tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle prepared streusel over the tops of each muffin tin.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pumpkin 'N Spice
Gayle loves to bake and cook…but that wasn’t always the case! In college, she was teased by her friends for her lack of domestic skills, as she really didn’t know her way around the kitchen. But, fast forward years later, Gayle found her true passion in life. Her blog, Pumpkin ‘N Spice, is geared towards family-friendly, easy, and no-fuss recipes that anyone can make. Gayle believes that breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and everything in between can be made with simple ingredients and minimal prep time. After all, who has hours to spend in the kitchen when life can be so hectic?
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas